POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list : Re: Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:56:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Oct 2009 05:14:39
Message: <4adadc7f$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I have made a small list of features I would like to see implemented in a
> future version of Poseray. These features are derived from cases met in the
> use of Poseray, in combination with Poser and/or external modellers.
>

> 2 Saving uv transformations in the Materials section
>

> It is sometimes necessary to, e.g. scale up or down the uv of a material in
> order to better fit it to the mesh. This can be done in Poser too, however
> the result is not exported/imported into Poseray, so additional
> transformation on the uv is needed there. Like the other material
> parameters, it would be important to be able to save these transformations
> to file for future use, preferably into the same xxx_material_settings.mtl
> file.

I support your wish list, Thomas. I hope that you have submitted it to
FlyerX :-)

Your second point is interesting. I have been complaining that Bishop3D
actually imports the complete PoseRay generated meshes into the scene.
While Moray uses the UDO in the scene and the full mesh and materials
are only included. One advantage of this is, in B3D, that you can edit
the mesh materials directly and it is saved in the Bishop3D file for
exporting.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen